Friday, January 16, 2009

spring clean & spring spruce...

Yes, ya, yup...it's the time of the year for so-called SPRING CLEANING...

Li nah dropped me a sms ask if i was busy, quiet? I replied doing up the other 2 bedrooms (a proper room for joshua, hopefully before CNY), re-arranging furniture, organising things here & there lah ( the last phrase only cooked up now). I also shared briefly with her that my mum has not been well. Lately accompanying her to tan tock seng twice for a general check up regarding her health condition, especially her persistent headache & giddiness and a MRI scan. She was diagnosed with thalassaemia last oct. No medication, just need to make sure her diet contains lots and lots of greens, meat (doctor advice) ...teo chew says "ziak pow". She is down with another scan for her varicose veins next week and a follow up check-up in early feb....sigh!

Okay, back to my spring cleaning. A lot need to be done, so much to be de-clutter...pappy needs to fix up joshua's new cupboard, i need to clear & arrange properly my tupperware ( big headache... those who know me know that i have a huge collection in one of the wardrobes in one of the rooms...not mine...it's joshua's...that's the reason for another cupboard). I also have to sort out old magazines, Simply Her, Home &Decor, Motherhood, Mother & Baby, Young Parents...normally i will cut out those articles which i think are useful, then file them up. This process seems easy, but takes time. Before cutting, i will browse, read, go through pages after pages ( i'm actually reading the magazines again...) So much to do...

I have not yet done the actual cleaning! OMG! my windows, bathrooms, kitchen, my bedroom...etc etc etc...

4 comments:

Dadaluff said...

Believe me, I tried saving articles too... I din even file my course notes! Hahaha! I fully "liao gai" how daunting spring cleaning is... sigh, I m still trying to do NORMAL cleaning... hahahaha

xiaoci_mama said...

i also wanted to file old articles but no time.So in e end sell to garaguni.
i lazy so got my pt time maid to spring clean, i only threw away old stuff

The Tired Mommy said...

I think no need to file lah... nowadays, every piece of info can be found in the internet and it's more updated too, so why bother ? I'm still keeping a few Young Parents magazine coz I use it to entertain Phoebe when she's bored. I'll cut the pics out for her to paste in her scrap book. Haha :)

Cherish said...

Wow! cut magazine and file?? Got time meh??haa... agree with Tiredmommy, just read from the web..paperless ...haa...