Friday, October 3, 2008

mum was ill

my mum was back from hospital yesterday afternoon. Thank God!

She developed high fever on mon midnight. My father quickly called gek. Mum wanted to just seek treatment from a 24-hr clinic. Leo, guess upon seeing how feeble she was, decided to head for A&E , without delay. According to gek, mum was very weak to stand still even. On the way to hospital, gek called my home .Pappy picked up the phone but did not hear any response, so thought was a prank. However, my instinct told me to check my hp, which was in the living room, after that prank call. Just then, saw a missed call. That was from gek, after unsuccessful attempt calling my home.

I did not go to the hosp. I was at home waiting for updates. Couldn't sleep, kept tossing & turning. Received a sms from keow at 2.18am saying "mum to be warded in c d c, ward 91, bed 4, suspect chikunya," (That was the initial fear by the doc, given the symptoms.) I was shocked, quickly woke up pappy told him the bad news. At about 3.27am, received another sms from keow - "i just met with doc. They will put her under observation," "...at least 1 full day. Most likely not chi..." another sms came at 3.58am. Somehow i felt more relieved after reading the words "most likely not chi".

6 comments:

The Tired Mommy said...

Hope your mum is fine by now... What is Chikunya?

Dadaluff said...

Maybe she meant 'Chikungunya', a virus transimitted by aedes mosquito...

mahmmy_boy said...

yes linah is rite. typo error...

Cherish said...

Hope your mum recover soon. Never heard of the Chi ...hmmm ...something new?

katlch said...

How is your mum now? Hope everything is fine. Call me..

mahmmy_boy said...

thanks mummies, my mum has recovered. thank God! yes cherish, the name is new to us too. i get to know from the news this yr.