Monday, March 23, 2009

Joshua first day in school

Today was joshua boy first day in school. He was able to stay in class with his teacher & 2 teacher aides, able to follow their instructions, able to hold hands with his classmates lined up to the toilet, to music room, able to eat the egg noodles himself. I am very proud of him.



At first i was a bit worried when he did not want to participate in the morning singing at the assembly hall. I held his hand up but he rejected. I encouraged him to clap but he refused. He wanted to go to the school's playground. It was too inviting. He kept telling me "slide, slide..." But how could I accede to his request? Luckily, he settled down well in class.

One more thing i need to do as a mother is to toilet train him. This i must admit is challenging. I tried but failed. He tried but unsuccessful. I tell myself give him time, and give me time too. Please pray for us!

One last thing to blog about. I miss having breakfast with joshua boy this morning though we had chee cheong fun & chwee kue at the kopi tiam. What i have missed is joshua boy sitting beside me, on his high chair, by the dining table, spreading kaya butter peanut butter nutela on my bread, and then we will share the all-kinds-of spread bread, and then he will also enjoy sipping his hot milo, while I enjoy my kopi-o. Come saturday when he doesn't need to go to sch, we will eat the all-kinds-of-spread bread together...


3 comments:

Dadaluff said...

Great that Joshua adapted well so far! It must b hard to ley go aft 2.5 yrs... my turn in july!

Cherish said...

great for Joshua after 2.5 years, at least he didn't cry a bit right? ...miss his company?? time for second one liao ...so while he's in school, the second one keeps you occupied ...heeee...

mahmmy_boy said...

cherish,then i got no time for myself!