Friday, June 5, 2009

To Laugh or Not To Laugh

Joshua boy pointed at an advertisement and told my sister (in mandarin) " mummy jia li you..."

When I came back from work, my sister told me,"just now, your son pointed at the Whisper advertisement and told me mummy jia li you..." my sister was amazed ( or rather amused) by that statement.

So, how should i respond? my answer was," ? " Firstly, i have kept all sanitary pads in a drawer in the wardrobe. Secondly, i don't use that brand. Thirdly, where does joshua boy learn such a phrase from?

2 comments:

xiaoci_mama said...

Mayb at ur mum's place? Sometimes kids just say the most amzing things and threw us on the floor laughing. LOL...

The Tired Mommy said...

haha... I don't even thing he knows what that was! :) I tell you a joke, when I was young, about P1 I think. There was once my mum called me from the bathroom (she was showering) to get her a pad. Those days, pads were not individually wrapped up. I took the thick white pad, torn off the sticky strip and stuck it over my mouth and I told her, "mommy mommy nurse nurse." Haha. My mum had a shock and gave me a short scolding. Apparently, I thought that the pad reminds me of a mask that the nurse wears over their mouth...

So silly! :p