Monday, September 7, 2009

Joshua is 3!

Had a simple birthday celebration for joshuaboy last sat (5th Sep) at our own place.

Mahmmyboy bought a 'Thomas & Friends' playhouse for joshuaboy last year. I was cracking my head what to get for him this year. Finally, i decided to bake a cake for his birthday. I don't know how to bake cakes nor pastries stuffs. Thus seek help from my childhood friend who can bake just like a professional. However, she was ill and could not teach me. Luckily, auntie serene neo came to my rescue. She spent one friday evening teaching me the basics & the hows & ....baking a cake. Since i do not have baking instinct, she decided to teach me a sure-can-succeed cake, which is brownie. She was very helpful to call me on thurs nite (3rd sep), offered her help again the following nite. With her help & baking fingers, joshuaboy's birthday cake was 'borned' on 4th sep, 630pm.

My guests were impressed with my idea & effort. Pappy was elated that nite & i heard him keep mentioning something like "...my wife bake one..." "...very nice..." Thanks pappy!

Happy Birthday, Joshuaboy! You are 3!

4 comments:

xiaoci_mama said...

Wah! The best cake on earth would be baked by loved ones.

Dadaluff said...

Wow... looking good! Got save a slice for us or not?

mahmmy_boy said...

i can bake another one for mummies for the next gathering:)

The Tired Mommy said...

next time teach me!! :)