Monday, July 6, 2009

Rotavirus (3)

2nd July, Thurs.

Did not work today. I informed my boss yesterday on joshua's condition & my intention to take leave. She was rather understanding, and made arrangement for teachers to relief my classes.

Joshuaboy looked well. He requested to get down the bed, then made further request wanted me to bring him out of the room. That, i did not obliged. I had only allowed him to walk about in the room.


As for his condition, diarrhoea was getting mild. But he had to abstain from milk. It was tough explaining to him. We decided to let him try Isomil, upon Dr Lim's recommendation. Joshuaboy attempted once, but rejected the following feed. Seeing that, pappy made a diluted formula feed for him. That night, his diarrhoea worsened, 4 times. 1 of them happened at 4am, and luckily was spotted by the nurse who came in to check his drip. She quickly woke us up. (We slept on a sofa bed in the same room, advantage of staying in a single room). So, we decided to keep the formual mlik out of his sight, hopefully out of his mind...


No comments: